Sunday 8 February 2015

Giant Granny (no grannies were injured in the making of this post)

Pattern: Half Granny Square Shawl
Yarn: Thin Pirkkalanka, one skein each Raspberry, Denim and Moss
Hook size: 4mm



After playing with the Pirkkalanka colours last week, I decided to make a new show sample to show off the brighter, springier side of the range. I also wanted to try using the Pirkkalanka's generous meterage for crochet rather than knitting and I must say I'm delighted with the result. The yarn is really easy to work with a hook and gives a nice crisp result, and once blocked, the fabric relaxes and drapes nicely, making for a huge, warm shawl!



The pattern is essentially half of a giant granny square - I added an extra chain on the 3 chains at the row ends to keep the edges loose, and a little shell border as a finishing touch. 

           


No comments:

Post a Comment