Friday 27 March 2015

Winter pansies hat

After seeing all the beautiful colour work paraded around at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival, I was itching to come home and cast on a little project of my own, especially to try out our brand new solid colours in the Ullcentrum 2ply wool. 
Aware of that spring was coming and the hearty, double-layered wool probably (hopefully) won't be much use in a couple of months, I chose something small and quick, and Karie Westermann's Gillean Hat was just the thing : a very well written, straight forward pattern which features some really nifty decreases on the crown and simple motifs to ease you into colour work if you haven't done it before. 
And I just love this yarn, the rich velvety colours, the soft sheepiness, the way it blooms after a soak. I particularly love the fabric it makes in colour work, stiffer and more solid than just plain knit - I really can't wait to make myself a little jacket in this for the autumn!

Pattern: Gillean Hat by Karie Westermann
Yarn: Ullcentrum 2ply Solids - Plum and Lion, one of each
Needles: 3mm for the ribbing, 3.5 for the hat


No comments:

Post a Comment